Increase traffic to the Min Håndværker website, an online directory for finding local craftsmen in Denmark, by providing pages that are tailored to users who search for a type of craftsmen in an area. For example, Electricians in Aarhus.
This spawned from our upgrades to the Craftsman Company pages, craftsman not with our platform but using publicly known company data.
- Craftsmen are busy, so customers will likely have to call multiple different sources.
- Ratings provide an insight into the reliability and expected service level of a company.
- Distance and working area affects factors such as price for travel cost and also varies depending on where the customer searches from. I.e. City = smaller area. Town = bigger area. This can be derived by the population density and likely company density.
Our vision was to use these factors to first provide a list of recommended craftsmen, ordered with the following parameters. Primary: Highest rating. Secondary: Greatest distance.
Below this all of the Search results would be displayed on a map with pins displaying their location, and rating - if applicable.
The project was implemented live at the end of January 2022. In the meantime there were issues with having the pages indexed by Google so it hasn’t yet had the desired effect.
It did however provide more information and context to users searching in the toolbar within these parameters as they were able to view the implementation.
- As we did not have a dedicated SEO specialist, we encountered issues with indexing that on research suggested that it would take time. It appeared out of our control however this could be a knowledge gap.
- The updated User Interface and method of displaying search results did assist with delivering more relevant craftsmen in terms of rating and area.