I was approached to be a User Tester for a new social media called Dore. They wanted me to join them to test their app and answer questions about the experience and what concerns I had using it.
I took screen recordings and decided to create a short User Test report on my findings of using the app including general comments and bugs encountered.
- [Accessibility] Visuals are nice but the app is not very accessible.
- [Accessibility] Some of the text is very difficult to read, especially on a screen as broken as mine.
- [Accessibility] The spinning events looks nice but I would argue it isn't the most functional.
- [Accessibility] There is a large lack of contrast which is likely to be troublesome when it comes to accessibility.
- [Accessibility] The mission statement is very small.
- [Features] The facts are nice, some are a bit unusual and doesn't completely relate to the idea of the apps concept.
- [Features] However if refined you could try to help these be used as ice breakers for new people meeting.
- [Features] Perhaps when people are matched then get a shared fact.
- [Features] Not being able to select for tomorrow is something I imagine will be changed.
- [Features] I'm not sure the countdown has so much relevance as it would be more important to state the time.
- [Features] Also it lists that I matched - but who did I match? How many people?
- [Scalability] I would also imagine you will encounter difficulties scaling with using boutique design. I would imagine it will cause a number of development issues.
- [UX/Features] How do you intend to cater for people who are late or have a change of plans. Especially as this will be groups. Will there be some form of group chat available.
- [UX] The searching screen doesn't give you feedback on the progress. Something like a progress bar, or some text that explains that the search is still in progress will help the user to understand.
- [UX] The location map is nicely styled but doesn't really show you where to meet - it might help to offer more layers of certainty. Especially given that people don't know each other.
- [UX] I haven't seen the matching process but I assume you just get paired with someone but don't know much if anything about who they are?
- [UX] It might also help to have some more information on the place you are going. Especially as this could be used by travellers.
- [UX] The placement of the buttons, especially at the top, is a bit difficult for finger dexterity.
- [UX] I would keep the nice effects for the splashscreen and intro and create a more functional main layout.
- [UX] The Searching and Cancel toggle is an unusual combination.